Monday, March 12, 2012

Service

I have been treated like a king so far. To by honest I have a hard time handling it. There is polite and nice. But, as a whole, Indians seem to take it to the next level. Now, one might say; that guy that greeted you at the hotel door and welcomed you to the hotel, the other guy that helped with your baggage. All these people were just doing their job. The warm cookie they gave you when you checked in, a perk of a nice hotel. Okay, okay. But explain this! My room was being cleaned so I decided to go for a walk. No where in particular, just around. I pushed the down button on the elevator. The doors opened, I hesitated as I realized this one was going up.  I said, 'Going down? I'll get the next one.' The doors closed. Then they opened. I realized the occupants where expecting me to get on. I stepped on. A lady asked, 'floor please'. I said, 'lobby, ground floor, please.' She pushed the button. We went to their floor. Before getting off she turned to me and said, 'We get off here, but this will take you to the ground floor.' All self explanatory, I know. But the way she said it...the best way I can think to describe it is a  deep respect at a human level. I felt like for a moment I was the center of the universe. I can't see I have ever felt that way before.

1 comment:

  1. It is probably because they are hoping for TIPS Bro! Just kidding, that is probably some of it (the guy that helped with your luggage, etc.), but I bet the people are just more humble and nice. That is really awesome to experience it, I love it.

    ReplyDelete