I got into Dehli at 11:30 PM local time. By the time I was through customs and had retrieved my checked bag, it was well past midnight. My hotel was still an hour car ride away. I got the VIP treatment; there was a man outside the terminal with a sign with my name out it. He was to me my guide (driver) for quite the ride.
Rules of the road:
Thankfully, I had an pretty aggressive driver. This meant getting to my hotel fast so I could get some sleep.
Rules of the road:
- Drive on the left side of the road.
- Lines are a suggestion - I noticed they were rarely followed.
- Horns - used mostly as a notification tool. For example, if I honk I can then do whatever I want.
- Road Blocks - watch out for impromptu road blocks where local police randomly choose cars to 'pull over'.
- Trucks are only allowed to be on the streets at night.
Thankfully, I had an pretty aggressive driver. This meant getting to my hotel fast so I could get some sleep.
This is what happens when you don't check Google Reader enough! You miss your brother's whole first week in India!! I didn't realize you had a different blog until I finally was able to sit down and read Shannon's cute posts! HELLO INDIA! Glad you made it safely to the hotel. I had to laugh at the street lines as a suggestion. Very clever post bro. Love you.
ReplyDelete